Project Manager Rail
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
At the plant in Lichtervelde (B), our biggest extrusion press produces big & wide profiles for the transportation industry (trains, buses, trailers,…), offshore and marine applications and various industrial customers. With a growing focus on rail projects with high added value, we supply solutions based on aluminium extrusions, from mill-finished, long-length profiles to fully fabricated components. For this fast-growing business, we are now recruiting a (m/f): Project Manager Rail
- A3 niveau
- Hydro Lichtervelde, België
- As a key member of the Rail Team you will take a lead in the project supply chain, from RFQ phase to final delivery, especially for complex fabrication projects and multi plant sourcing.
- Support KAM with preparation of major bids and contract management.
- Support KAM with business development towards Tier one suppliers, in close cooperation with the regional European sales organizations.
- Monitor & lead sourcing activities from subcontractors, including contract management.
- Review of proposals, manage the project team in technical evaluations and cost/price analysis, including capacity analysis and forecasting.
- Negotiation of the entire collaboration framework, terms and conditions with selected subcontractors: estimated cost, delivery, quality and performance requirements - defined in accurate SLA’s.
- Coordination of projects between the Hydro plants that are supplying to the rail related business (being Lichtervelde and Drunen/Harderwijk in the Benelux and Finspång in Sweden).
- First point of contact for customers (OEM’s) in relation to supply chain issues.
- KPI’s are related to profit, customer satisfaction and on time delivery.
- Develop and manage all required documentation of the entire negotiation and evaluation process, and supervise the entry of administrative and financial data in our ERP system.
- Manage and develop a team of 3 technical and project coördinators, and report to the Market Sector Director Marine, Offshore and Rail.
- University/Bachelor degree in engineering or in business administration or equivalent through experience. Strong technical skills are a must.
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience with sourcing, subcontracting and project management, preferably in the rail industry, or equivalent (e.g. automotive industry).
- Preferably supply chain, procurement or similar experience of at least a couple of years in an industrial B-to-B environment
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills and the clear ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships with subcontractors, customers, and within the own organization.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage own workload.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. German and French are a preference.
What we offer:
- A newly created manufacturing management job where you will tackle a wide variety of issues in an exciting, project-oriënted environment.
- A pleasant team and an informal, results-oriented company culture.
- Extensive possibilities for personal development, training and international exchange within a world-wide industry leader.
- An attractive salary package with benefits.
- The opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
How to apply: Interested ? Please send your CV to Jan Vandenhende via email@example.com , more details via mail or +32 477 328534. Please visit our websites: www.hydro.com and www.hydroextrusions.com