Design & Process Engineer
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
At the plant in Lichtervelde (B), our biggest extrusion press produces big & wide profiles for various industrial customers, and our Precision Tubing division has a unique 60 years+ experience in developing and manufacturing high-frequency welded aluminium tubes for applications in HVAC&R units, ladders, scaffolding, garden and camping equipment, aerials, roller blinds, telescopic shafts, conveyors and more. Our in-house remelt facility, cold rolling mill, slitter and tube mills enable us to offer customers a wide range of tailored solutions.
In order to strenghten our precision tubing engineering team, we are now recruiting a (m/f): Design & Process Engineer
- Hydro Lichtervelde, België
You will report to the Engineering Manager and assume responsibility over the development, introduction and support of new product designs and the development of a ‘Continuous Improvement’ culture throughout the plant.
- Provide technical assistance to the quality and manufacturing departments with the development and introduction of new products. Design of new profiles, tooling, packaging…
- Support sales team and customers with feasablity studies, strenght and stability modeling, raw material analysis,…
- Analyze and map existing processes, analyze all parameters in order to detect anomalies, bottlenecks, yield, and quality losses. Follow up on Lean Manufacturing initiatives and optimize where possible.
- Define process capabilities and instructions and optimize where possible, in close co-operation with supervisors and operators.
- Define and introduce improvements to manufacturing tools, assist in the further development of the existing production lines, and contribute problem solving skills to a wide variety of technical issues.
- Contribute to the design, start-up and finetuning of important (1.5 mio. €) investment projects following a roadmap to Industry 4.0
- Exchange knowledge and best practices with the different Group R&D Centers troughout Europe.
- A technical Master or Bachelor degree (engineer) is a must, possibly with some years’ experience in a design-, technical- or manufacturing-related job. Young graduates are welcome to apply.
- 3D design experience is a must, knowledge of Creo Parametric 3D is an advantage.
- You are very analytical minded, a real problem-solver and eager to promote a ‘Continuous Improvement’ culture.
- You have a hands-on approach, are capable of taking initiatives and performing autonomously.
- Language skills: able to work and communicate in Dutch, and willing to learn and improve - other languages and strong communication and intercultural skills are a plus in this international environment.
- You are open-minded, very approachable and always attentive for shop-floor issues, ideas and initiatives.
What we offer:
- An all-round, cross-functional and very hands-on engineering job where you will tackle a wide variety of issues.
- A pleasant team and an informal, results-oriented company culture.
- Extensive possibilities for personal development, training and international exchange within a world-wide industry leader.
- An attractive salary package with benefits.
How to apply: Interested ? Please send your CV to Jan Vandenhende via firstname.lastname@example.org , more details via mail or +32 477 328534.